Friday 22 January 2016

Building Performance Analysis Certificate Program

I've posted in the past about the Building Performance Analysis Certificate program that Autodesk offers online.

I completed the certificate in 2013 when it first came out, it's since changed sine then, more current and using the latest tools. Autodesk do direct this certificate more towards students, however I think that if your interested in utilizing BPA tools as part of your design process (it's easy to do) start with this certificate program. 

The program is modular, meaning that you can go at your own pace. I typically spent some time during my lunch hour doing a module or two, probably took me a little longer than typical but it was all the time I was willing to spend on it. the course gives you a understanding about what to analyse and how to do it, I found it very interesting and informative.

Below is an email I received from Autodesk and I thought I'd pass it on (slightly edited).


We want to take a moment to remind you of the wonderful opportunity with the Autodesk Building Performance Analysis Certificate (BPAC) Program.

The BPAC Program is a free, online, self-paced educational program, for students, educators and professionals, that will help improve your knowledge of building science fundamentals and Autodesk building performance analysis tools. 

What’s Covered:

  •        Introduction to BPA Certificate
  •        Energy Literacy & Building Loads
  •        Climate & Weather Analysis
  •        Solar Measurements & Strategies
  •        Wind & Airflow Strategies
  •        Daylighting Strategies & Analysis
  •        Whole Building Energy Analysis with Revit

For information on how to Register

Good luck.

Sc



No comments:

Post a Comment